Floor Slab & Interior Framing
Time & Location
About the event
In this workshop we offer a 2-week progression of building the interior by framing walls, setting posts and structural beams to affix a floating 2nd-story loft. Learn what goes into the basics of framing and be part of the creation of an open floor plan.
We will come together during the day to work and learn techniques of natural building; at night we can enjoy team meals, bonding over a fire, sharing skills, stories and scents of the Northwest summer at a campground onsite at the Earth Homes headquarters.
FLOOR SLAB: AUGUST 7-15
INTERIOR FRAMING: AUGUST 17- SEPTEMBER 4
Camping will be available and transportation to the Brier Homestead provided each day.
What you will get
- Hands on training and direction from professional builders
- Increased knowledge of different Earth Home building strategies
- An opportunity to help construct a home that is a model for future homes
- Help build the Owners vision to create a community oriented homestead
- The joy of working with a team outside on the land
Payment is on a sliding scale. Payments can be sent to the Earth Home's PayPal: email@example.com
- Floor Slab (Supporting)$777+$19.43 Service fee$777+$19.43 Service fee0$0
- Floor Slab (Covered Cost)$555+$13.88 Service fee$555+$13.88 Service fee0$0
- Floor Slab (Supported)$222+$5.55 Service fee$222+$5.55 Service fee0$0
- Day Volunteer$0$00$0