Foundation & Formwork
Time & Location
About the event
The beginning of a building determines what its potential will be: in this demonstration + course, you can witness/assist with/contribute to laying and tying the rebar and pouring concrete that creates the initial boundary between a house and the ground.
We will come together during the day to work and learn techniques of natural building; at night we can enjoy team meals, bonding over a fire, sharing skills, stories and scents of the Northwest summer at a campground onsite at the Earth Homes headquarters.
Camping will be available and transportation to the Brier Homestead provided each day.
What you will get
- Hands on training and direction from professional builders
- Increased knowledge of different Earth Home building strategies
- An opportunity to help construct a home that is a model for future homes
- Help build the Owners vision to create a community oriented homestead
- The joy of working with a team outside on the land
Payment is on a sliding scale:
- Supported // $222/week // "I want to learn and build and am working within my means."
- Covers Cost // $555/week // "I would like to cover my costs of production."
- Supporting // $1111+/week // "I would like to help provide this experience for others by covering my costs and then some."
Payments can be sent to the Earth Homes PayPal: email@example.com
- Week 1: Foundation & Formwork$777+$19.43 Service fee$777+$19.43 Service fee0$0